Web Design Syllabus
Students will demonstrate knowledge of web design and languages, including HyperText Markup Language (HTML) and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to create a content rich and visually pleasing website that captures and keeps visitors’ interests. Focus will be given to effective page layout, image creation and manipulation, interactivity, content creation, and project management.
The students will:
- Plan a website for a specific purpose.
- Comply with intellectual property laws, copyright laws, and ethical practices when creating web and digital communications.
- Demonstrate web development skills.
- Demonstrate the effective use of tools for digital communication, production, development, and project management.
- Implement quality assurance processes to deliver effective digital communication.
- Investigate career opportunities, characteristics, and abilities for success in the Web and Digital Communications Pathway.
- 60% -- Projects
- 40% -- 21st Century Skills and Assessments
1. No food or drink allowed in the computer lab. (Water in a bottle may be allowed, but must stay on the floor).
2. Be RESPONSIBLE and RESPECTFUL. Responsibility and being respectful come in many forms: being on time to class, not interrupting the class/teacher, listening to all your peers’ ideas, turning completed work by the due date, and when I am talking you are listening.
3. Handle equipment with care. Any misuse of the equipment either hardware or software will be handled according to the school district policies.
The teacher reserves the right to change any category above at any time and without notification.